Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tougher Than Mount Kinabalu (13.6.2009)

Wah Wah Wah~ I never been to Mount Santubong although I'm Sarawakian but this 3 month Industrial training at Kuching, I got opportunity to climb the Mount Santubong with my colleagues, Lily, Wynie, Robin, Thien and Jason. Woke up at 6.45 AM, get ready with the stuffs like mineral water, extra shirt and some buns. At 7.15 AM, Thien and Robin came to fetch me and met the other at Thompson Corner. We have a light breakfast at there before we start our journey. We reached Santubong at 8.00 AM and parked our car at Bukit Putri. After changed the shoes and Thien as our leader, we started hiking. The weather was just fine for hiking. At first I was so energetic because I was really excited. It was my first hiking experience too. After 10 minutes I started sweating like I just took a bath. My both legs was so sore neh~ Getting old. T___T First 45 minutes, the path was okay and easy, just walked as normal. BUT~~~ nyaris pengsan when I saw the ascending and decending paths plus the hanging stair, MANY! I phobia of high la. Haha, but because want jaga air muka, I braved myself. Never thought the Mount Santubong was so difficult to climb. Robin said even Mount Kinabalu is easier to climb than Mount Santubong. I don't want to rest so many times so Robin and I continued climb. The other Thien will guide them. Very tiring but I don't want to give up. There was a staircase which was 2 storey high! No fear! I want climb to the SUMMIT!! Yeah! My record to reached the summit was 3 hours and 20 minutes. Not bad for the first time climber, hihi. Tapi dah separuh nyawa ni~ Before reached the summit, I bang my head into the big rock and it cause my head bleeding. Therefore, PLEASE always look into the front and beware of those rocks, haha. Ate some buns and enjoying the beautiful view while waiting the other come. Yahu~ I saw a monkey at the summit there. I like monkey! At the summit, you can see a nice view (beach) if the weather clear. Take a deep rest and photography session begin. At 1 PM, we started to climbed down. My leg was so "heavy" to walk. I want quickly went down and sleep. =.= Again, Robin and I walked down first. It took shorter time to reach at kaki bukit. It took 2 hours and half. I'm so tired and the leg was sososososo sore. I threw my bag on the ground and I started sleeping..haha. I managed slept for half an hour before Thien and other reached at 4 PM. Althought it was so tiring and tough but I've enjoy it so much. After conquered the Mount Santubong, it will be easier for me to conquer the Mount Kinabalu in future next time.

Puteri Santubong~ Puteri Sejinjang~ Penjaga Gunung Negeri Sarawak~

Thien, Santubong "Regular Customer"

Sunlight, Rich of Vitamin D

My whole shirt was wet

Quater High View

The Board

You Are at 1960m high

The ascending path

The Map

Everybody was tired

Again, ascending path with big rocks

2 storey high staircase... =.="'

Opss~~ My butt. ( If people with the shorter legs, he/she will faces difficulty to climb this staircases because the gaps between the stair quite far..haha)

WoW~ 2920m high

At summit. Jeng Jeng Jeng Jeng~ Lily wanna pengsan liao.

Thien still steady.. still can eat happily.

Group photo

Wah~ nice view~

IDS Colleagues

Proud to be here

Paku pakis

Unknown plant

View at kaki bukit there

Another view

No comments: